Digital Locksmiths is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada with a second office in Ottawa, ON. We provide services in North America and emerging markets worldwide. Digital Locksmiths delivers scalable, integrated, end-to-end security solutions to the largest organizations in Canada including government, healthcare, finance, manufacturing, utilities, transportation, and retail.
We are committed to having the most technically competent people in our organization. We train them on the vision, and provide clear policies and procedures that will allow them to operate to their full potential.
We develop and foster an attitude of excellence at work and provide an opportunity for individual growth.
We’re Looking for :
Our engineers are involved in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and shipping. We brainstorm to understand and explore the difficult problem spaces we tackle, and work with our design team to come up with solutions for the hardest problems we discover (product, visual, and technical). We code (there is lots of coding), and finally, ship and own products that directly impact the world of security.
Technologies we use
- CSS/LESS for making our products look beautiful on different browsers
- PHP/JAVA for our backend work
- Different HTML templating languages
- Open Source frameworks like jQuery, Bootstrap, Angualrjs
What we value
- Everyone contributing to get the job done.
- Not afraid to make mistakes. We believe that without challenge, you’re not learning.
- constant desire to grow and develop.
- That you care about great design, not only in the product and visual sense, but also in your code and technical architecture.
- Passion about product craftsmanship, and can balance that with shipping something relevant.
- Fast pace with a sense of urgency.
- That you want to work on things that actually make an impact on the world.
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent), Sciences or Mathematics.
- Background in distributed systems, machine learning, information retrieval, data visualization and/or developing enterprise software systems a plus
- Oracle, Postgres and/or other (SQL) database knowledge a plus
- Interest in web technologies, user interface, and user experience a plus
- Strong UNIX/Linux background preferred
- Excellent teamwork, independent decision making, and written/verbal communication skills
- Analytical thinking, creative problem solving, trouble shooting, and attention-to-detail is a must
If you see yourself in this position and want to grow your career, please send in your resume and cover letter